California Farm Cassoulet Baked Beans.
You can cook California Farm Cassoulet Baked Beans using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of California Farm Cassoulet Baked Beans
- Prepare 2 cups of dry great northern white beans.
- It’s Piece of cured bacon equal to 2 cups of 1/2” cubes.
- You need 1 cup of chopped white onion.
- You need 1 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef stock.
- You need Tbs of each chopped hot red or green pepper, fresh crushed garlic, fresh chopped italian parsley or cilantro, brown sugar.
- You need Tsp of thyme, tsp allspice or cumin, tsp herbs de Provence.
California Farm Cassoulet Baked Beans step by step
- Weigh ingredients, chop to size, put in cups. Put slab bacon whole in soup pan. Add everything else to soup pan with three cups of water, one cup of broth, except red wine. Bring all ingredients to a boil in the soup pan, lid on, simmer an hour..
- Take bacon slab piece out, cut to half inch squares, put in dutch oven. Add the bean soup, mix well, put lid on, put in warm oven at 250F degrees. Bake two hours..
- Taste, adjust spices as needed, add one cup of red wine, bake one more hour without lid on till sauce is thick and beans are soft. Dip sauce with french bread, serve with red wine. Enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.