Choisam with Sea Cucumber. He was born in Jeongeup, Jeollabukdo, South Korea. Sea cucumbers are echinoderms from the class Holothuroidea. They are marine animals with a leathery skin and an elongated body containing a single, branched gonad.
French sailors were catching them and trading them with the Chinese as far back as the XVIIIth. Sea cucumber has a very neutral taste and is quite bland but will take on the flavors of the other ingredients it is cooked along with. The appeal lies more in the texture, which is somewhat gelatinous while remaining solid, the desired consistency in Chinese gastronomy. You can have Choisam with Sea Cucumber using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Choisam with Sea Cucumber
- Prepare Half of kg choisam.
- Prepare 1 of sea cucumber.
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 5 cloves of if garlic minced.
- Prepare 2 of ginger slices,cut into strips.
Sea cucumbers belong to the group of animals called echinoderms. Their closest relatives are starfish and sea urchins. Sea cucumbers usually live on the sea floor. Sea Cucumbers (beche de mer in French) with its gelatinous texture is a delicacy in Chinese cuisines.
Choisam with Sea Cucumber step by step
- Wash then cut the choisam into half then the stem cut diagonally..
- Wash sea cucumber with running water and cut into halves.Remove the intestine and scrape it with knife to clean properly.Blanch with hot water then slice it..
- Heat wok until hot then add oil stir fry choisam for a minute then remove..
- In same wok add again oil then stir fry garlic and ginger until aromatic.Then toss in sea cucumber until cook.Pour fish salt mix it then toss back the choisam..
- Remove from wok and serve..
The Sea Cucumber is flavorless, however it has the ability to soak up the flavors of foods and seasonings it is cooked in. What… do you expect me to try this dish, Sea Cucumbers… which would. Sea cucumbers are marine invertebrates that live on the seafloor. They're named for their unusual oblong shape that resembles a fat cucumber. The extent of evolution of the sea cucumbers is so small that researchers are yet to ascertain whether they should be categorized under flora or fauna.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.