California Farm Pork Onion Bean Mushroom Stew.
You can cook California Farm Pork Onion Bean Mushroom Stew using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of California Farm Pork Onion Bean Mushroom Stew
- Prepare 2 lbs of lean fresh pork shoulder.
- You need Cup of dried white beans, or can of white beans.
- Prepare 2 lbs of yellow onions.
- Prepare 2 cups of fresh white mushrooms.
- Prepare 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 cup of dry sherry.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tsp of each oregano, cumin, lemon juice.
- Prepare 4 Tbs of grape seed oil.
- You need of salt and pepper to taste.
California Farm Pork Onion Bean Mushroom Stew step by step
- Rinse beans and cook in 4 cups of vegetable broth, two hours. Add water as needed. While cooking, cut pork in 2 inch chunks, peel and cut onions horizontally in two, cut mushroom top to bottom in two. Heat grape seed oil in dutch oven, brown pork cubes at high heat, one half pound at a time, set aside. Braise onions and mushrooms in pan scrapings. Set aside..
- Pour bean stock, sherry, spices, tomato paste into dutch oven, stir with pan scrapings, bring to boil, add meat, stir. Add onions and mushroom, stir, simmer 30 minutes or till onions are soft. Add beans, stir, simmer 2 minutes, taste. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Pack four extra portions in ziplock freezer bags to save, serve stew over boiled potatoes or rice. Enjoy..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.