Spicy Ginger Szechuan Wagyu Beef.
You can cook Spicy Ginger Szechuan Wagyu Beef using 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Ginger Szechuan Wagyu Beef
- Prepare 1 PACKAGE of Double 8 Cattle Company Miyazakigyu Wagyu Beef Cubes.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Sesame Oil.
- It’s of Green Onion (sliced, to garnish).
- It’s of Marinade.
- It’s 3 TBSP of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 3 TBSP of Mirin.
- Prepare 3 TBSP of Cornstarch.
- It’s of Jasmine Rice.
- Prepare 1/2 CUP of Jasmine Rice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 CUP of Water.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of Kosher Salt.
- You need of Szechuan Vegetables.
- It’s 1 of Small Carrot (peeled and julienned).
- Prepare 1 of RIB Celery (julienned).
- Prepare 1/2 of Small Yellow Onion (julienned).
- It’s 1/2 of Small Red Bell Pepper (julienned).
- Prepare 1/2 of Small Poblano Pepper (julienned).
- You need of Szechuan Sauce.
- You need 1 TBSP of Garlic Chile Paste.
- You need 2 TBSP of Garlic (minced fine).
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Ginger (minced fine).
- You need 3 TBSP of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1/4 CUP of Soy Sauce.
- You need 3 TBSP of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Hoisin Sauce.
- You need 2 STALK of Green Onion (thinly sliced).
- You need 2 TBSP of Cornstarch.
Spicy Ginger Szechuan Wagyu Beef instructions
- PREPARING THE MARINADE Remove the Miyazakigyu Wagyu beef cubes from the package, and place them in a Ziploc bag. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, mirin, and cornstarch. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the Miyazakigyu Wagyu beef cubes in the Ziploc bag, and gently massage into the beef. Let the beef sit in the soy sauce mixture/marinade for 1 hour..
- PREPARING THE JASMINE RICE AND VEGETABLES Pour the water, kosher salt, and rice into a small saucepan, and stir. Heat the rice on medium-high heat until it starts to simmer. Stir once more, and cover the saucepan with a lid. Drop the temperature to low. Cook the rice until the water is absorbed and the rice is fully cooked (takes approximately 20 minutes). Keep the rice warm.Peel and julienne the carrot. Julienne the celery, yellow onion, red bell pepper, and poblano pepper. Set aside..
- PREPARING THE SZECHUAN SAUCE Add all of the sauce ingredients (garlic chile paste, minced garlic, minced ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vine-gar, hoisin sauce, green onion, and cornstarch) to a small bowl. Mix the ingredients together, and set aside..
- PREPARING THE SZECHUAN BEEF Heat a large wok on medium-high heat. Add in 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, and heat until slightly smoking. Add in the Miyazakigyu Wagyu beef cubes in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Let the beef sear for one minute. Use a wooden spoon to turn/flip the beef cubes (the cornstarch will make the beef stick to the pan, but also provides a nice crisp crust when seared). Cook the beef for a total of 2 minutes, and transfer the Miyazakigyu Wagyu beef to a plate..
- Add the julienned carrot, celery, yellow onion, red bell pepper, and poblano pepper to the pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring constantly. Pour in the Szechuan sauce, and cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce slightly thickens. Turn off the heat..
- FINAL STEPS Return the seared Miyazakigyu Wagyu beef to the wok.Turn the beef to coat with the sauce. Serve the Szechuan Wagyu beef warm with the jasmine rice. Garnish with sliced green onion, and enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.