Black Pepper Tofu & Green Beans.
You can cook Black Pepper Tofu & Green Beans using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black Pepper Tofu & Green Beans
- Prepare of block of firm tofu (must be firm, not soft).
- It’s of cornstarch.
- It’s of sesame oil.
- You need of chopped green beans.
- It’s of shallots – about 1/2 cup finely chopped (yellow onions are the best substitute for shallots, since sweet onions are too sweet and white or red are a little too sharp).
- It’s of tamari (soy sauce is a good substitute for tamari).
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of ground ginger.
- You need of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of Fresh Thai Basil (optional, as garnish).
Black Pepper Tofu & Green Beans step by step
- To begin, slice the block of tofu in half and press it between two towels or two paper towels. Let the tofu sit for 10 minutes to soak up any excess moisture..
- While the tofu is being pressed, chop up the green beans and shallots and make the black pepper sauce. To make the black pepper sauce, simply whisk together the soy sauce/tamari, sugar, ground ginger, and freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl and set aside..
- Once the ingredients are prepped, cut the pressed tofu into 1 inch cubes and add to a large bowl. Add the cornstarch to the bowl and use your hands to evenly coat the tofu in cornstarch..
- Next, add 1 tbsp of sesame oil to the wok and turn on the heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the tofu and stir fry for 10-15 minutes until the tofu is browned and crispy on the outside. Remove the tofu from the wok and set aside in a bowl..
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of sesame oil to the wok followed by the chopped shallots and green beans. Stir fry for about 5 minutes until the shallots are translucent. Then, add in the black pepper sauce and tofu. Cook all the ingredients for an additional 3-5 minutes to help thicken the sauce..
- Remove the wok from the heat and serve the black pepper tofu and green beans on top of white rice. Garnish with the Thai basil if desired. Enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.