An Inexpensive Way to Impress and Feed Your Guests: Spicy Chicken Ginger and Jasmine Rice.
You can have An Inexpensive Way to Impress and Feed Your Guests: Spicy Chicken Ginger and Jasmine Rice using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of An Inexpensive Way to Impress and Feed Your Guests: Spicy Chicken Ginger and Jasmine Rice
- You need 3 of medium chicken thighs.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Mirin.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 6 of thin slices of ginger.
- It’s 4 of crushed cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 of small Thai chili (optional).
- Prepare 1 of hour of cooking.
An Inexpensive Way to Impress and Feed Your Guests: Spicy Chicken Ginger and Jasmine Rice step by step
- Boil some water. Slightly cook the chicken thighs for 30 seconds..
- Remove chicken. Put in ice water to stop cooking process..
- In a pot or wok, put soy sauce, Mirin, sugar, water, ginger slices and garlic with a little bit of black pepper..
- Boil the sauce. As soon as it boils, put the chicken in, skin side up. Let it boil for 30 seconds. Turn heat to medium low. With a ladle keep pouring the sauce over the skin for about ten times. Adjust the heat to simmer. Go back and use the ladle to pour the sauce over the chicken now and then..
- Keep doing this for an hour until the sauce is reduced to about half..
- Remove chicken and other ingredients to serving plate. Boil the sauce on medium low. Dissolve 1/2 tsp of potato starch with some water. When the sauce is boiled, add slowly some potato starch water in to thicken the sauce. Stop when you get the desired consistency. This is to glaze the chicken and give it a shiny coat. Also the sauce will add more flavor to the Jasmine rice..
- Any salad with an Asian style dressing will go well with this dish..
- The skin of the chicken looks just like the BBQ chickens sold at a Chinese BBQ stores..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.