Tuscan White Bean Soup.
You can have Tuscan White Bean Soup using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuscan White Bean Soup
- You need of bacon (diced).
- It’s of large green onion (diced small).
- You need of shredded carrots.
- Prepare of celery stalks (diced small) optional.
- Prepare of garlic cloves (minced).
- It’s of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare of to taste Salt.
- You need of white cooking wine.
- You need of (14.5) Great Northern Beans.
- Prepare of dried rosemary.
- It’s of dried basil leaves.
- It’s of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of heavy cream.
- Prepare of celery seed.
- You need of dried parsley.
- It’s of chicken stock.
Tuscan White Bean Soup step by step
- Place a large stock pot over medium heat and add bacon. Cook until bacon is crisp and cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate, leaving bacon drippings in pan. Set aside..
- You want about 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in the pot, if you do not have enough fat, add extra virgin olive oil to pan until you have about 1 tablespoon of liquid (just eyeball this)..
- Increase heat to medium high. Add shallots, carrot, and celery to pot. Cook, stirring frequently until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper; cook until aromatic, 30 seconds – 1 minute..
- Add white wine to deglaze pan, scraping up brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until wine is reduced to 2 tablespoon, about 3-4 minutes..
- Add the chicken stock, beans with their liquid, rosemary and Parmesan..
- Increase heat to high and bring soup to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes..
- Add in the bacon, 1/4 cup of cream, chopped parsley leaves and grated parmesan. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Taste the soup, add more cream for a richer taste and texture..
- (You can serve the soup as is for a brothy consistency, or you can thicken the soup with one of the two methods below.) For an ultra creamy, bisque-like texture, puree the entire soup..
- Ladle soup into serving bowls. Garnish with more grated parmesan cheese, green onion, sour cream and or more garlic powder. Serve and enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.