🥒 Cucumber and Onion Salad with Sweet Onion Vinaigrette.
You can cook 🥒 Cucumber and Onion Salad with Sweet Onion Vinaigrette using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 🥒 Cucumber and Onion Salad with Sweet Onion Vinaigrette
- Prepare of cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced, half moons shown here.
- Prepare of tblsp chopped onion.
- It’s of part oil (I used 2 tblsp canola.).
- It’s of part vinegar (I used 2 tblsp apple cider vinegar.).
- Prepare of tblsp of onion juice (Use a lemon juicer with 2-3 tblsp onion).
- Prepare of tblsp honey (Or any sweetener).
- You need of salt.
🥒 Cucumber and Onion Salad with Sweet Onion Vinaigrette instructions
- To make the dressing, begin by squeezing about two tablespoons of chopped onion with a lemon juicer, reserving about 1 tablespoon of liquid in a bowl..
- Whisk in any type of vinegar, salt and any type of sweetener. I used local honey. I also think brown sugar would work really well..
- Add oil(equal to the amount of vinegar used) in a slow steady stream, whisking to emulsify. Or you can use a blender or food processor..
- Set dressing aside. Wash the cucumber, peel and cut in half. If you have guinea pigs they will love the peels : ) I sliced those halves in half to create semi-circles. Slice thinly..
- Add a tablespoon of chopped onion to the sliced cucumber..
- Whisk vinaigrette again and pour over cucumbers and onions. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.