Simmered Cucumber ala Julia Child.
You can have Simmered Cucumber ala Julia Child using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simmered Cucumber ala Julia Child
- You need to taste of English Cucumber.
- You need as needed of Chicken stock (or vegetable).
- Prepare to taste of Butter.
- You need to taste of Toasted sesame seeds (optional).
- It’s to taste of Chopped parsley (optional).
Simmered Cucumber ala Julia Child instructions
- Peel the cucumber, cut in half crosswise, then into half lengthwise, then into quarters. Trim off the seeds if desired..
- Place in saucepan, add enough stock to almost cover..
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover the pan and simmer for about 15 minutes until soft all through. (Will depend on the size and quantity of the cucumbers.).
- Drain the liquid. (Save in the freezer for soup.) Add a pat of butter, salt and pepper… serve immediately. Top with toasted sesame seeds (my favorite) or parsley..
- I often find myself tasting one right out of the pan and then eating the whole thing! Seriously, it's that good. Perfect side dish for fish, meat, dumplings, or just a bowl of rice. Enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.