Manda Pitha with Cinnamon-Ginger Flavour.
You can have Manda Pitha with Cinnamon-Ginger Flavour using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Manda Pitha with Cinnamon-Ginger Flavour
- It’s of For The Dumpling Dough:.
- You need 1.5 cup of rice flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need As needed of hot water to knead a soft and smooth dough.
- You need of For Stuffing:.
- It’s 1.5 cup of grated coconut.
- You need 3/4 cup of patali gur (date palm jaggery).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grated ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ghee.
Manda Pitha with Cinnamon-Ginger Flavour step by step
- Heat a pan and add all the ingredients mentioned in "For Stuffing" section (except ghee). On a low flame, stir until the ingredients mix properly and the coconut is little fried..
- The stuffing should be sticky such that if you compress, it should stick together. Once it’s done, add ghee and give a quick mix. Remove it from the flame and keep aside..
- For the dough, mix all the ingredients as mentioned in "For The Dumpling Dough" section together and knead a smooth dough..
- Cut small balls from the dough. With the help of your fingers, press the balls to make bowl shapes..
- Now, stuff them with coconut stuffing and seal the edges to make stuffed round dumplings..
- Boil water in the steamer. Once the water starts boiling, lower the flame..
- In a greased steamer pan, place the dumplings and cover the lid. Steam the dumplings for 15 minutes..
- After 15 minutes, check if the dumplings are properly cooked. Check the dumplings and if they are sticky, it’s not done. In that case, steam for another 5-6 minutes..
- Check again by touching the dumplings. If your finger comes clean, the Pitha is done..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.