Cucumber and tomato salad with young sardine. Great recipe for Cucumber and tomato salad with young sardine. Easy to make and refreshing starter! Mix cucumbers and tomato in a bowl.
Place reserved sardines in medium bowl; mash with fork until smooth. Whisk in oil and lemon juice. Wash and dice the tomatoes and cucumber then place in a bowl. You can cook Cucumber and tomato salad with young sardine using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cucumber and tomato salad with young sardine
- You need of Japanese cucumbers.
- It’s of tomato.
- You need of dried young sardine.
- Prepare of ponzu.
Add the olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper and mix. Drain and empty the sardines onto a plate and give them a good squeeze of lemon. Top tomatoes with sardines and then onion slices. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, then season with more salt and pepper.
Cucumber and tomato salad with young sardine instructions
- Peel cucumbers. (Leave about an half skin on.) Spread salt over (extra amount, a pinch of salt) and roll against a cutting board a couple of times. (This removes extra water. Also helps dressing to soak in.) Cut into chunks..
- Cut tomato into a bite size..
- Mix cucumbers and tomato in a bowl. Add ponzu and dried young sardine. Serve cold..
- Tip – Ponzu dressing available at Japanese supermarkets..
Tomato Salad With Cucumber and Ginger. Combine cucumber and tomato together with herbs, and toss lightly. To assemble, place sardine filets in a shallow soup bowl or deep plate and place tomato-cucumber mix on top. Divide any extra tomato juices amongst the bowls. A refreshing, light salad for any hot, humid summer day!
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.