You can have Hawaiian Beans using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hawaiian Beans
- It’s of can of vegetarian baked beans.
- It’s of can of butter beans.
- It’s of can of garbanzo beans, or 1 1/2 c. cooked garbanzo beans.
- You need of ketchup.
- You need of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare of molasses.
- Prepare of cheddar cheese, grated.
Hawaiian Beans instructions
- Heat oven to 375° F..
- Mix baked beans with drained butter beans and garbanzo beans in a large mixing bowl..
- Add ketchup, brown sugar and molasses and mix well..
- Add grated cheddar to taste, about 3-4 ozs. If you want to lighten up the recipe, you can add less as it is still very tasty. The original recipe called for 8 oz but I rarely use this much..
- Place beans on a baking dish. You may find you can use a 9×9 pan or a 9×13. You may grease the pan or spray with cooking spray, but I rarely do and have no problem..
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for 20 mins. Uncover and cook for another 10-15 mins until browned on top..
- Great served with a barbecue or picnic meal..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.