Sambal Kecombrang (Torch Ginger Sambal).
You can cook Sambal Kecombrang (Torch Ginger Sambal) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sambal Kecombrang (Torch Ginger Sambal)
- You need 1 of young flower of torch ginger.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- It’s 3 of shallots.
- You need 5 of garlic.
- You need 3 of red chili.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s of Juice from a slice of lime.
Sambal Kecombrang (Torch Ginger Sambal) instructions
- These are young flowers of torch ginger. Remove the stalk and roughly chop the flower..
- Roughly chop tomato, garlic, shallot, red chili. Combine with torch ginger flower. You can use mortar and pestle or food processor. No need to grind them into really smooth paste. Texture is the key..
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mixture and stir for five minutes or so. Add salt and sugar. Add lime juice..
- I think this one is versatile. You can use it to coat nuggets or fried chicken. You can make fried rice with it. Or you can use it as a dip..
- Unfortunately, not all members of my family love it. My curious cat gagged after sniffing it..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.