Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans. Tofu, Cauliflower, sweet potatoes, bell pepper, garlic, turmeric, ginger and simmer in this coconut curry dish made in partnership with Nasoya Tofu. This was an excellent Tofu Curry. The ground Cashews really made a creamy tasty sauce.
Stir in coconut milk and remaining tablespoon soy sauce and bring to a boil, then boil, uncovered Stir in lime juice and pour sauce over vegetables and tofu. Honestly, I thought this was a darned good dish. I used a bit of fish sauce too, and baby bok choy in. You can cook Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans
- Prepare of extra firm tofu (1 brick).
- You need of green beans, washed & cut in 2” pieces.
- You need of toasted cashews (unsalted).
- You need of unsweetened coconut milk.
- Prepare of ” ginger, peeled & grated.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need of soy sauce.
- You need of molasses.
- It’s of dried scallions.
- It’s of oil (avoid olive oil this time).
- You need of rice vinegar.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
This spicy tofu recipe consists of pan-fried tofu tossed in a rich and flavorful sauce of coconut milk, sambal oelek, and red curry paste. It is spicy, tangy, rich with coconut flavor, and easy to make. A spicy, fragrant peanut sauce reminiscent of the groundnut stews that are popular across West Africa anchors this recipe Any protein would be lucky to be Arrange the tofu pieces in a single layer on the oiled baking sheet and season with salt. This Cashew Tofu stir-fry is loaded up with healthy veggies, crispy tofu, roasted cashews, and tossed with a simple ginger stir-fry sauce.
Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans step by step
- Halve the tofu brick horizontally and place on paper towels to absorb as much water as possible. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan on high heat, until it glistens. Season the tofu on all sides with salt / pepper and fry at least 4 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy. Be careful not to move it except for flipping, to avoid it from breaking. Reserve..
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the same pan and sauté the green beans for 3-4 minutes, or until blisters appear. Place in a bowl and reserve..
- One more tbsp oil into the pan, and this time add the minced ginger and garlic. Sauté until fragrant (30 seconds, more or less). Add coconut milk, soy sauce, molasses. Turn down heat to low and reduce the sauce to half, stirring constantly, until it thickens and becomes syrupy (this will take some 12-15 minutes)..
- Add cashews and cook in the sauce for 2 minutes. Cube the tofu and add to the sauce, mixing carefully to coat the cubes without breaking them..
- To serve, toss the green beans with rice wine and dried scallions. Serve the whole thing in a bowl with your favorite starch (we used steamed basmati rice). Yummers!.
So when I was craving some old-school Chinese cashew chicken a few weeks ago, we decided to swap in tofu instead for a vegetarian (also vegan and gluten-free). The peanut curry sauce here is a sauce that can upgrade any vegetable stir fry dish, as long as you have peanut butter, coconut milk and spices at home. Usually I like to add Thai curry paste to give it a spicy kick. Feel free to add it if you like the "heat", but even without it, this sauce will get you hooked!. So, bake your tofu in the oven to crispy perfection, then cook it in sauce, or drizzle sauce on top.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.