Quickled Gari (Pickled Sushi Ginger).
You can have Quickled Gari (Pickled Sushi Ginger) using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quickled Gari (Pickled Sushi Ginger)
- It’s 1/2 pound of fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced very thin against the fiber about 2 mm OR you can do about 1/8-inch diagonal slices and julienne them, too.
- It’s 1.5 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/4-1/3 cup of sugar, depending on how sweet you like it.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar.
Quickled Gari (Pickled Sushi Ginger) step by step
- Sprinkle the ginger with the salt and toss thoroughly. Let the ginger sit for 15 minutes. Doing this helps the ginger absorb salt flavor and retain its texture..
- While the ginger's sitting, combine the sugar and vinegar in a bowl and stir until sugar is completely dissolved..
- After 15 minutes, add the sugar and vinegar solution and stir thoroughly to incorporate..
- Let the ginger sit for an additional 30 to 45 minutes before eating, and you'll have a super zesty, zippy, and crunchy pickled ginger for your sushi..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.