Ginger Lime Chicken. Though this may look like regular old chicken, don't be fooled: It's buzzing with the bright flavors of ginger and lime. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to give it a try. The flavours of ginger and lime come alive in this Indian chicken curry :DA creamy coconut and tomato base with the fragrance and tang of lime.
Ginger and lime make the perfect marriage of flavors. This quick and easy low-carb Asian inspired chicken recipe is not only incredibly flavorful, but it is also very versatile. You can double the recipe and have it for dinner one night, and. You can cook Ginger Lime Chicken using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ginger Lime Chicken
- You need 3 of chicken breasts.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s 4 teaspoons of finely grated fresh ginger.
- It’s 4 teaspoons of lime zest.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- You need 3 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt.
- It’s of Ground black pepper.
Chicken breast chunks are marinated in ginger and lime, stir fried with sesame oil and honey, then served with coconut rice. A simple recipe with not too many ingredients, but the taste is an eye-opener! I find it very relaxing to spend a morning or afternoon in my kitchen trying new recipes. If you are one of those people that hates mayonnaise (not me but they are out there)…trust me about using it for a marinade for grilled boneless skinless chicken.
Ginger Lime Chicken step by step
- Dry chicken breasts on a plate. Add a generous dash of salt over each breast and massage to spread salt..
- In a small bowl mix ginger, lime zest, mayonnaise, yogurt, a dash of salt and ground black pepper..
- Coat all sides of breasts with mixture and wrap plate with plastic film. Refrigerate for 8 hours..
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F..
- Place breasts on a lightly oiled baking dish. Cover in aluminum foil. Cook in oven for 25 minutes..
- Remove aluminum foil. Continue cooking, if necessary, until internal temperature in the thickest part of the largest chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from oven and let rest, covered, for 10 minutes before serving..
Flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and lime, this marinated chicken recipe is a favorite in the EatingWell Test Kitchen. Serve with rice or couscous and black beans. Mix half the lime zest and all the juice with the maple syrup and grated ginger. This chicken is tangy and sweet with aromatic hints of ginger and lime. Be sure to serve it with rice or naan to sop up the delicious juices.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.