Ginger Pistachio Cookies.
You can cook Ginger Pistachio Cookies using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ginger Pistachio Cookies
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp. of ground cloves.
- You need 1 tsp. of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar, divided.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsulphured molasses.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of finely chopped salted pistachios.
Ginger Pistachio Cookies instructions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt. Set this aside..
- In a large bowl, using either a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, beat the butter on medium-high speed for 1 minute or so, until smooth. Add the brown sugar and 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar and beat until creamed together. Add in the molasses, egg and vanilla extract and beat on high speed until combined. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl as needed..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet on low speed until combined. Then fold in the pistachios. Cover the dough and place it in the fridge to chill for 1 hour (and up to 4 days). If chilling for longer than 3 hours, then let the dough sit out for 30 minutes before rolling and baking..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a couple baking trays with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set them aside. Place the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar into a small bowl. Roll the dough into balls, about 1 tbsp. of dough per ball. Then roll the balls into the granulated sugar. Place them on the trays, about 2" apart..
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until the top begins to crack. Allow them to cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. They can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 week..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.