Mr. Spock's cucumber salad. How to Make a Japanese Cucumber Salad with Vinegar Cucumber Onion and Tomato Salad Recipe (Fresh from the Garden). Smashed Cucumber Salad is a "thing" in Asia!
Just think – bad day at work, the kids are driving you mad, come home to prepare dinner and you get to. Smashed cucumbers release different flavor compounds. Chef John's salad is a great summer side dish and pairs perfectly with grilled meat or seafood. You can have Mr. Spock's cucumber salad using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mr. Spock's cucumber salad
- Prepare of Cucumber.
- It’s of red onion.
- Prepare of spoon Mayonnaise.
- Prepare of vinegar.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of dill.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
The traditionally Asian ingredients of the dressing give this salad a unique personality and the smashing technique really IS fun! Smashed Cucumber Salad. featured in Lettuce-Free Salads. Cucumber Salad contains thinly sliced cucumbers, onions and tossed in a sweet slightly tangy dressing. The dressing can be creamy or a vinaigrette.
Mr. Spock's cucumber salad instructions
- Skin and cut cucumbers into thin slices.
- Add cucumbers to a bowl of salt water and let soak in saltwater for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cut onion into long thin strips.
- Add onions, mayo, vinegar, sugar, and dill and mix together.
- Remove cucumbers from saltwater when ready and add to bowl of onion mixture. Mix together thoroughly..
- Salt and pepper to taste.
This Asian Cucumber Salad is filled with rice wine vinegar for the main flavor profile. Vinegar is what gives most cucumber salads that tangy bite. This is a REFRESHING, tangy Salad–low in fat. Be sure to slice the cucumbers and onions very very thin! This is all the stuff I put in cold beet borsch.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.