Chocolate-Ginger-Shortbread. Stir in chocolate chips and candied ginger. Spread batter in prepared pan, smoothing top. These White Chocolate Ginger Shortbread cookies have been a welcome addition to our cookies platter for the holidays for years.
Then the chocolate ginger shortbread-dough is rolled out into generous thickness, cut to fit perfectly with a biscuit-cutter, then transferred on top of the cups to seal the oatmeals, say, to locked in an. Shortbread is glorious when it melts in your mouth and this chocolate and ginger version will not disappoint. Mix in the ginger and chocolate bits. You can have Chocolate-Ginger-Shortbread using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate-Ginger-Shortbread
- You need 50 g of ginger.
- It’s 50 g of candied ginger.
- It’s 200 g of flour.
- Prepare 100 g of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 20 g of starch.
- It’s 200 g of butter (room temperature).
- Prepare 1 pinch of sea salt.
- Prepare 120 g of sugar.
- Prepare 2 packages of vanilla sugar.
If you have a favorite shortbread recipe, feel free to use it here. This version is designed to stay soft when frozen (hence the very high proportion of butter to flour) and has a salty kick to cut through white. Chocolate Ginger Shortbread. in Cutout Cookies, Rolled Cookies. This post may contain affiliate We may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post.
- Mingle flour, cocoa and starch. Peel te fresh ginger, shred it and collect the juice. I take my Japanese porcelain ginger grater and also use the finely grated pulp – makes the taste of ginger stronger. Chop the candied ginger finely..
- Mix butter, sugar, salt and vanilla sugar until creamy. Add the fresh ginger and mix thoroughly. Add the flour mix to the butter mix and knead. Then add the candied ginger to the dough and knead it in..
- Put the dough in the fridge and let cool for one hour..
- Roll the dough to 1 cm thickness and cut out the biscuits. (Additionally, I use a stamp to decorate them.) Put on a baking sheet and let rest for another hour. Preheat the oven to 180 °C..
- Bake for 15 min. Enjoy!.
These chocolate ginger cookies have been a staple at Christmas since I saw them in Martha's magazine several years ago. Allow shortbread to cool completely in the pan. Once cool, the shortbread bars will break apart very easily. For the chocolate mousse, bring a little water to the boil in a pan, then reduce the heat until the water is simmering. For the ginger shortbread, cream the butter until pale and fluffy in a bowl.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.