Beef with peppers and oyster sauce.
You can cook Beef with peppers and oyster sauce using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef with peppers and oyster sauce
- You need 1 lb (1 lb) of rump steak.
- It’s 3 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 of egg white (lightly beaten).
- Prepare 3 tsp of cornflour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of peanut oil.
- You need 3 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 of small green pepper (capsicum) (cut in diamond shapes).
- You need 1 of small red pepper (capsicum) (cut in diamond shapes).
- You need 2 sticks of celery (thinly sliced).
- Prepare can of whole baby corn (drained).
- You need 7 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 of spring onions (diagonally sliced).
Beef with peppers and oyster sauce instructions
- Trim the meat of any fat and sinew, and sevenly across the grain into long, thin strips. Combine the soy sauce, egg white, cornflour and pepper; add the meat, stirring to coat..
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or heavy-based pan, swirling gently to coat the base and sides. Add the ginger, five spice powder, peppers, celery and corn and stir-fry over high heat for 2 minutes or until just beginning to soften. Remove from wok and keep warm..
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok, swirling gently to coat the base and sides. Cook the meat quickly in small batches over high heat until browned but not cooked through..
- Return all the meat to the wok with the vegetables and add the oyster sauce. Stir-fry over high heat until the meat is cooked and the sauce is hot. Remove from heat and serve immediately, sprinkled with the spring onion..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.