Fullblood Wagyu Beef Cheek Ragu.
You can cook Fullblood Wagyu Beef Cheek Ragu using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fullblood Wagyu Beef Cheek Ragu
- You need 2 of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Beef Cheeks (cut in 2-inch cubes).
- Prepare of Kosher Salt (to season).
- You need of Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to season).
- It’s 1 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 2 Sprigs of Rosemary.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Rosemary Leaves (finely chopped for garnish).
- You need 2 Sprigs of Sage.
- Prepare 1 of Small Yellow Onion (peeled and cut in chunks).
- It’s 4 of Garlic Cloves (finely chopped).
- You need 2 of Carrots (peeled and medium diced).
- Prepare 2 of Celery Stalks (medium diced).
- Prepare 2 CUPS of Chianti.
- You need 1 (28 OZ) of Can of Peeled and Crushed San Marzano Cherry Tomatoes or Roasted Fresh Tomatoes (see instructions below).
- It’s 1 TBSP of Orange Zest (finely grated).
- Prepare 1 Package of Penne Pasta.
Fullblood Wagyu Beef Cheek Ragu instructions
- PREPARING THE ROASTED TOMATOES Lightly coat 2 lbs. of garden fresh tomatoes in olive oil. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook tomatoes in the oven at 500°F until tomatoes are soft and have caramelization on them. Once cooled, run the tomatoes through a food mill to catch the skins and seeds.
- PREPARING THE FULLBLOOD WAGYU BEEF CHEEK RAGU Season the Fullblood Wagyu beef cheeks with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Preheat your oven to 300°F.Place an oven-proof Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the beef cheeks that have been cut into 2-inch cubes. Stir for about 5 minutes until the Fullblood Wagyu beef is well browned on all sides.Add the rosemary sprigs, sage sprigs, onion, garlic, carrots, and celery..
- Reduce heat to medium-low and sauté until vegetables are softened (this takes about 5 minutes).Add chianti, and continue to simmer until liquid has reduced by half (this takes about 15 minutes). Add the tomatoes (either canned or fresh roasted) and their juices. Cover with foil. Transfer to an oven set at 300°F, and bake for 3 hours. Remove dish from the oven.Using two forks, finely shred the meat and vegetables..
- Discard the herb stems. Season with kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and orange zest. Loosely cover the pan and return it to low heat in order to keep warm.
- PREPARING THE PENNE PASTA Prepare your penne pasta by bringing 5 quarts of water to a boil. Add kosher salt to taste.Add the contents of package (pasta) to the boiling water, and stir gently.Return it to a boil. Stir occasionally while cooking the pasta for around 11 minutes or until done.Remove pasta from the heat, and drain the water.
- FINAL STEPS Place noodles in a serving dish and top with the Fullblood Wagyu beef cheek ragu.Add some freshly grated parmesan cheese on top, and garnish with finely chopped rosemary leaves.Serve, and enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.