Filipino Mung beans.
You can cook Filipino Mung beans using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Filipino Mung beans
- It’s of mung beans.
- You need of boneless pork, cut into bite size pcs.
- Prepare of yellow onions, diced.
- You need of red pepper, diced.
- Prepare of fresh snow peas.
- Prepare of celery, sliced.
- Prepare of chayote, chopped into 1/3 in size pcs.
- You need of fresh Roma tomatoes.
- You need of Bok choy or spinach, chopped.
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Dry chicken broth based seasoning.
Filipino Mung beans instructions
- Boil half a large pot of water, approx 6-8 c. Once water is a rolling boil, place mung beans with tsp of olive oil. Boil for about 20-22;min..
- Pour 1 tbsp of water in a large pan on med high heat. Once the water evaporates, drizzle olive oil until hot then saute pork for 3 min. Drain cooked pork if necessary (i.e., if there's any liquid).
- Drizzle olive oil in same pan then return pork to the pan and saute until slightly brown for about 2 more min. Remove from pan and set aside..
- Drizzle olive oil in same pan used for the pork and saute onions for 1 min. Then add tomatoes and saute for 30 sec to 1 min. Then add celery and chayote. Saute for 5 min..
- Add red peppers and snow peas then saute for another 6 min then add Worcestershire sauce..
- Add cooked pork to the pan and saute for another min..
- Add vegetable mix to the mung beans pan..
- Add bok choy leaves and mix well. Gradually add 2 c water as you mix the bok choy. More or less water may be needed in order to cover the ingredients..
- Continue to let the dish cook, add dry broth based seasoning and soy sauce. Mix well. Turn heat down to simmer. Simmer for approximately 15 min..
- Turn off heat and cover dish to let sit for about 10 min. Enjoy with rice!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.