Ginger and lemon turkey (or chicken). Great recipe for Ginger and lemon turkey (or chicken). Even though daily cooking tends to be quite repetitive, sometimes you stop making something for no clear reason. The other day my eldest son was fondly remembering a chicken dish I used to make for a quick and tasty school day dinner years.
Lemon chicken is the name of several dishes found in cuisines around the world which include chicken and lemon. In Canadian- and British-Chinese cuisine, it usually consists of pieces of chicken meat that are sautéed or battered and deep-fried and coated with a thick, sweet lemon-flavored sauce. For a fast and healthy Asian-inspired dinner, try our lemon-ginger chicken recipe. You can cook Ginger and lemon turkey (or chicken) using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ginger and lemon turkey (or chicken)
- It’s 4 of fillets turkey or chicken.
- Prepare 2 of lemons.
- It’s 1 piece of ginger.
- You need 1 of little oil (I used olive, but sesame would work nicely).
- You need 1 tsp. of sesame seeds.
- You need 1 of red chile (optional).
- You need of salt and pepper.
The sweet and salty combination of honey and soy sauce makes this chicken dish one you'll want to make over and over. "Ginger adds a distinctive flavor to this roast chicken. The lemon ginger chicken requires a bit of time for marinating, so plan to do that step before you begin other meal preparations. Allow the chicken breasts to rest for five minutes before slicing or serving. Adding ginger and lemon to chicken noodle soup adds a tasty flare and are natural expectorants.
Ginger and lemon turkey (or chicken) instructions
- Squeeze the lemons and get the ingredients together.
- Peel and grate the ginger coarsely like this.
- Mix the lemon juice, ginger and sesame seeds and pour over the meat.
- Add salt and pepper, mix well and leave for 15 minutes while you make whatever side you have planned (mine was coleslaw and baked new potatoes whichnI out in a hot oven before starting).
- After 15-20 mins the meat will have absorbed much of the lemon juice.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan and cook the turkey or chicken pieces on a high heat.
- You'll need to do them in a couple of batches.
- Serve when ready. Enjoy!!!.
Was very surprised at how yummy it was. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Ginger Chicken is a Chinese dish made with lots of fresh ginger, garlic, and scallions, cooked down into a sticky brown sauce perfect over rice or noodles! I first heard of Ginger Chicken at a Chinese restaurant in Rochester, NY, where I waited tables. This Bake Lemon Ginger Chicken is a juicy baked chicken breast recipe.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.