Baked Beans of the Plains.
You can have Baked Beans of the Plains using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Beans of the Plains
- You need of baked beans I used Bush best homestyle divided.
- Prepare of leftover baby back rib meat.
- Prepare of baby back ribs bone in.
- Prepare of hatch green peppers.
- You need of shallots diced.
- You need of smoked bacon.
Baked Beans of the Plains step by step
- Preheat oven 400°Fahrenheit. In an oven safe Dutch oven crisp the bacon and set aside..
- Take the meat off the bone of the grilled baby back ribs, and chop up. Set 1 pound of grilled ribs, bone in, aside..
- Chop the hatch pepper up with the shallots. Sauté in the bacon drippings. When the shallots are incandescent add the chopped rib meat. Sauté 8 minutes..
- Add a quart of the beans, with the juices, to the shallot rib meat mixture. Reserve 1 cup of the meat. Let the beans cook down 20 minutes and add the remainder of the meat..
- Stir till it's bubbly. Add the remainder of the beans. Chop the bacon sprinkle on top. Put in the oven..
- Bake 15 minutes, then add the pound of ribs to the oven wrapped in aluminum foil, finish with the beans 20 minutes. Allow to rest 10 minutes. Serve, I hope you enjoy!!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.