Spicy Cucumber Banchan.
You can cook Spicy Cucumber Banchan using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Cucumber Banchan
- Prepare of Persian or Kirby or English/Hothouse Cucumbers, sliced into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- You need of kosher salt.
- Prepare of small cloves garlic, very finely minced or grated.
- Prepare of green onions, finely chopped, including the whites.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of distilled white vinegar.
- It’s of gochugaru(Korean dried chili flakes) or 2.5 tsp of crushed red chili flakes (like the kind you get with your pizza).
Spicy Cucumber Banchan instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the cucumbers with the salt and let them sit for 20 to 25 minutes while they extrude excess liquid, re-tossing once halfway just to make sure the salt does its job on all the pieces. This process helps the cucumbers retain a pickled crunch..
- Squeeze the cucumber in fistfuls to get rid of the excess liquid (discard the liquid)..
- Toss the cucumbers with the rest of the ingredients..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.