Cucumber soup with yogurt, raisins and walnut (Aab- dogh khiar). .(Ab: Water, Doogh: Yogurt Drink, Khiar: Cucumber) is a delightful Persian Chilled Yogurt Soup made with Cucumbers, Mint, Walnuts and Raisins. Ab Doogh Khiar is a refreshing yogurt soup with cucumbers, herbs, raisins and walnuts. We dunk pieces of bread in it, making the soup nice and filling Season generously with salt.
Raisins: Dark red raisins are usually used but you can use green raisins. Walnuts: You can substitute with chopped pecans or pistachios if you do not have walnuts. Yogurt, both plain and with cucumbers, is everywhere on Iranian tables — the thicker and sourer, the better. You can have Cucumber soup with yogurt, raisins and walnut (Aab- dogh khiar) using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cucumber soup with yogurt, raisins and walnut (Aab- dogh khiar)
- Prepare of yogurt.
- Prepare of cucumber.
- It’s of crushed walnut.
- You need of garlic.
- Prepare of stems of dill.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of raisins.
- You need of rose petal powder.
- You need of salt and pepper (black or red).
- You need of lemon jucie (Optional).
- You need of your favorite bread.
- You need of cold water (it depends on how you prefer your soup : thick or thin).
Mast-o khiar is an everyday side similar to Indian raita or Greek tzatziki, but raisins, walnuts and rose petals elevate this version of the dish, adding a. Abdoogh khiar or Cold Cucumber Yogurt Soup is cool, refreshing, and it is perfect for hot summer days. It is a very popular hors d'oeuvre and also a light summertime lunch in Iran. It is a combination of yogurt, cucumbers, herbs, and raisins with a sprinkle of dried rose petals.
Cucumber soup with yogurt, raisins and walnut (Aab- dogh khiar) instructions
- Place yogurt in a big bowl.Add water,.
- Olive oil.
- Salt, pepper and rose petal powder to yogurt. Whisk it very well..
- Then, grate garlic into the bowl..
- Cut cucumber into small pieces (no need to especial technique, simply cut it)..
- Add raisins, crushed walnuts and dill..
- Place ingredients into the blender and blend the mixture..
- Serve it with your favorite bread and dip in your soup. Enjoy it..
Basically, it is made with cucumber, yogurt, raisins, herbs,and spices, but area to other area, might be added or reduce some of ingredients. This is a very easy following recipe for turnip soup with a soft texture and lovely flavour. Turnip is called ' Shalgham' in Farsi. In a large bowl beat the yogurt with a fork until smooth. Add the cucumbers, radishes, all the fresh and dried herbs, raisins and walnuts and.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.