15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice. Mix up and add ham hock in. This recipe uses Andouille sausage for a little added kick, but you can substitute any kind of smoked sausage if you prefer a little less heat. The combination of beans, rice, collard greens, and smoked sausage is a plus in my book.
You can easily change this recipe up by using different proteins. This spicy black bean soup recipe is quick and easy, made with spicy andouille or another smoked sausage, black beans, tomatoes, and vegetables. Vegan, high protein, tasty & easily made in the slow cooker, instant pot or on the stove. You can cook 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice
- It’s of hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix.
- You need of medium white or yellow onion diced.
- Prepare of green bell pepper diced.
- It’s of red bell pepper diced.
- It’s of celery diced.
- Prepare of garlic minced.
- It’s of Seasoning packet from beans.
- You need of parsley.
- Prepare of filtered water.
- It’s of chicken broth.
- Prepare of ham hock.
- You need of each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 small lemon.
- Prepare of petite diced tomatoes don't drain.
- It’s of Italian seasonings.
- It’s of sea salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of For rice 👇.
- You need of white instant rice.
- Prepare of filtered water.
- You need of sea salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- It’s of butter.
If you really don't like spice, use smoked sausage instead of Andouille and that will make it a bit more mild. Beans And Sausage Food Sausage Soup Mixed Bean Recipes Bean Soup Recipes Cajun Recipes Red Beans N Rice Recipe Easy Sausage. For now I will need to make your soup without the sausage. I love making mixed beans and this one with Cajun seasoning and sausages might just be perfect for.
15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice instructions
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard..
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in..
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking).
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use..
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side.
Add reserved seasonings from bean mix,ham bone, dried beans, stewed or diced tomatoes with liquid and pour in just enough chicken broth until bean I have made this several times and it is always a family favorite! Pairs well with Homemade Self-Rising Cornbread. You can find packages of bean soup mixes in the dried bean section of your local grocery store. Finally, this soup is great served with cornbread or corn muffins, but crackers work well in a pinch too! Ham Hocks or Ham Bone – For that lovely meaty flavor.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.