Fullblood Wagyu Beef Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce.
You can cook Fullblood Wagyu Beef Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fullblood Wagyu Beef Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
- Prepare of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Beef Chuck Underblade Roast.
- It’s of Large Pita Bread.
- You need of Watercress (cleaned, pull the delicate stems and leaves from the roots).
- You need of Mint (pull off leaves).
- You need of Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half).
- You need of Yogurt Marinade.
- It’s of Greek Yogurt.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Red Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare of Oregano Leaves (fresh, chopped).
- You need of Garlic Cloves (chopped).
- You need of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- You need of Tzatziki Sauce.
- Prepare of Greek Yogurt.
- You need of Garlic Cloves (minced fine).
- You need of Lemon (zest and juice).
- You need of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Prepared Horseradish.
- Prepare of Cucumber (peeled and grated on large holes of a cheese grater).
- Prepare of Grilled Onions.
- You need of Large Yellow Onion.
- It’s of Large Red Onion.
Fullblood Wagyu Beef Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce instructions
- PREPARING THE MARINADE Combine the yogurt, olive oil, red wine vinegar, chopped oregano, chopped garlic, kosher salt, and black pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth. This is your yogurt marinade.Put the Fullblood Wagyu underblade roast in a Ziploc bag, and pour the yogurt marinade over the roast.Seal the bag, and place it in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.
- PREPARING THE FULLBLOOD WAGYU UNDERBLADE ROAST Pull the marinated Fullblood Wagyu roast from the refrigerator, and allow it to sit at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking.Preheat the oven to 450°F. Remove the roast from the marinade, and let the marinade drain off (do not rinse the marinade off).Place the roast on a roasting rack. Cook at 450°F for 20 minutes.Reduce the temperature to 325°F, and roast for 50 minutes (for a rare finish) or 75 minutes (for a well done finish)..
- While the roast is in the oven, make the tzatziki sauce.Check the roast with a probe thermometer for a temperature of 120°F to 125°F (for a medium-rare finish)..
- PREPARING THE TZATZIKI SAUCE Mix all of the sauce ingredients (Greek yogurt, minced garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, horseradish, and grated cucumber) in a medium bowl.Place the bowl of sauce in the refrigerator until ready to use..
- PREPARING THE GRILLED ONIONS AND PITA BREAD Cut off both ends of the onions, and remove the peel.Cut the onions into half-inch rings.Heat a BBQ or gas grill on medium-high heat.Grill the onions until they have wilted and have grill marks on them. Set aside.Grill the pita bread on the hot grill for 1 minute per side (just to get the grill marks on the bread). Don’t leave them on the grill too long, or they will be tough..
- FINAL STEPS Remove the Fullblood Wagyu underblade roast from the oven, and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes.Slice the roast against the grain into thin, 1-inch strips.Serve warm on the grilled pita bread with the tzatziki sauce, grilled onions, watercress, mint leaves, and cherry tomatoes Enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.