My Great Northern Beans.
You can cook My Great Northern Beans using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Great Northern Beans
- It’s of bag Great Northern Beans.
- You need of water.
- You need of chicken soup base or 2 cups chicken broth.
- It’s of medium onion.
- Prepare of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare of bacon, cut small.
- It’s of shredded carrots.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- It’s of ground mustard.
- It’s of dried rosemary.
- You need of dried parsley.
- It’s of black pepper or more to taste.
- It’s of salt.
My Great Northern Beans instructions
- Rinse beans in colander. Sorting out any discolored beans..
- Ina large pot over high heat bring water and chicken base or broth to a boil. Add the beans, onion, garlic and bacon and bring to boil for 10 minutes..
- Now add the bay leaves, carrots, ground mustard and rosemary..
- Let boil for 2 hours and 30 minutes or more if needed. Stir occasionally and check your water level from time to time..
- Top with dried parsley, a dollop of sour cream and green onions and or homemade cornbread..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.