Tzaziki – yogurt cucumber cream. The thin ones are better as they have less liquid. Once grated, put cucumber on cheese cloth or towel, and squeeze out the liquid. This tangy Greek yogurt cucumber tzatziki is perfect with meats, in a sandwich, on a baked potato, or as a dip for veggies and chips!
Jump to the Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it. Put them in a colander and sprinkle with the tablespoon of salt (draws water out). I worked for a Greek/Lebanese restaurant, and we would make this with sour cream instead of yogurt. You can cook Tzaziki – yogurt cucumber cream using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tzaziki – yogurt cucumber cream
- It’s 2 of cucumbers.
- It’s 500 cc of greek yogurt.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of dill.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of lemon, juice.
Watch how to make Greek tzatziki sauce in this short recipe video. It's so easy to make with simple ingredients, including Greek yogurt, cucumber, fresh herbs, olive oil, lemon and garlic. Enjoy this refreshing Creamy Cucumber Salad recipe made with a Greek yogurt dressing. Satisfying and comes together in just minutes!
Tzaziki – yogurt cucumber cream step by step
- Grate the cucumbers. The thin ones are better as they have less liquid..
- Once grated, put cucumber on cheese cloth or towel, and squeeze out the liquid..
- Add cucumber,salt pepper garlic dill and lemon juice to yogurt and stir..
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and stir.
- Let chill in fridge at least half an hour..
- Optional: once out of fridge, stir again. Drizzle a squirt of olive oil and serve..
The refreshing yogurt and cucumber flavors combine so well and truly create a unique and satisfying dip! Cool and creamy, this tangy cucumber dip, called tzatziki, is the Tzatziki (pronounced sat-ZEE-key, or cha-CHI-key in Greece) is a popular yogurt-based That combination could result in a rather tangy sauce, but cutting the yogurt in half and adding sour cream creates a smooth and mellow tzatziki. Tzatziki, cacık (Turkish pronunciation: [dʒaˈdʒɯk]), or tarator is a dip, soup, or sauce found in the cuisines of Southeast Europe and the Middle East. Tzatziki is a refreshing yogurt and shredded cucumber dip popular in Greece and the Middle East. It is typically served as part of a meze, as a side dish to grilled meats, or with gyros.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.