Steamed bass with scallions, pickled chillies and Ginger葱油鲈鱼. When you steam a fish, you get to savour the natural flavor and tenderness of the fish. You can also choose to elevate the taste with a drizzle of hot peanut oil (we strongly recommend this). Toss ginger with scallions; stuff some into each fish cavity.
Versions of this steamed fish are made all over China, but in Shanghai the recipe always contains a little aged soy sauce. We sass up steamed bass by cooking it in ginger-and-sesame soy sauce and topping it with frizzled jalapenos and scallions. Set a bamboo steamer over a wok or an open steamer over a large, deep skillet. You can cook Steamed bass with scallions, pickled chillies and Ginger葱油鲈鱼 using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steamed bass with scallions, pickled chillies and Ginger葱油鲈鱼
- Prepare half of pound fresh bass.
- It’s 1 Tsp of home pickled chillies.
- It’s 2 of large scallions.
- It’s 3 slice of fresh Ginger root.
- Prepare of sea salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of white shaoxing cooking wine or sake.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Lee kun kee seasoned soy sauce.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Olive oil and toasted sesame oil mix 1:1.
Steamed Sea Bass is a buttery and flakey fish. In today's recipe we'll be cooking a steamed Sea Bass in a simple Soy & Ginger. How to make Steamed Sea Bass – 蒸鲈鱼 Steamed sea bass with scallions and ginger.
Steamed bass with scallions, pickled chillies and Ginger葱油鲈鱼 step by step
- Evenly coat freshly cleaned bass with fine seasalt inside out. Be relax with the amount of salt for you will rinse it off before cooking. Cure you fish for 3 hours at room temperature or overnight in a fridge..
- Right before cooking, rinse surface salt off from your fish by allowing it under tap water for 20 seconds inside out. Dry it up with paper towels completely and place it in a plate..
- Arrange shredded Ginger, pickled chillies even on top of the fish. Pour in 1/4 cup shaoxing white cooking wine. Steam on high heat for 10 minutes(count from when you see constant steam rising up).
- Get a skillet on high heat right before fish is done steaming, warm up 2 Tsp of Olive oil mix with toasted sesame oil at 1:1 in ratio until right before smoking..
- Finally arrange sliced scallions on top of steamed fish. Pour in 1 Tsp of seasoned sot sauce, then quickly pour hot oil onto the fish. Serve hot..
View the recipe and nutrition for Steamed Striped Bass with Ginger and Scallions, including calories, carbs, fat, protein, cholesterol, and more. Steamed Sea Bass in Soy Sauce 清蒸鲈鱼. placeholder text. Frog Legs with Pickled Chillies 泡椒蛙腿. Fried Duck With Scallion and Ginger 葱姜炒鸭. placeholder text. The ideal fish should have tender and delicate meat.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.