Mom's Baked Beans.
You can have Mom's Baked Beans using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mom's Baked Beans
- Prepare of Van Camps pork and beans.
- Prepare of brown sugar.
- Prepare of yellow mustard.
- Prepare of Ketchup.
- You need of diced onion (optional).
- It’s of diced bell pepper (optional).
- You need of bacon (optional).
Mom's Baked Beans instructions
- I cook everything in the same large cast iron skillet. If you are adding bacon onions and peppers- first fry the bacon. You can do this a normal and crumble it or we like to cut the bacon into small pieces and then fry. When bacon is done put on paper towel to drain. Add diced onions and peppers to skillet and cook down. They will still cook in oven but we like ours done. Take out and put on top of the bacon to drain..
- Next in large bowl empty 6 cans pork and beans. Add Ketchup, mustard and brown sugar. (You could also add a little liquid smoke if you want) mix it well. Of there are big clubs of brown sugar smush if against the side of the bowl to break up. Add in bacon, peppers and onions if you are adding that..
- Pour beans into large cast iron skillet and put in the oven @ 350° for 1.5 to 2 hrs.
- NOTE: we have made this for big family functions as well with quadrupled recipe. We did this in a electric turkey roaster and cooked for 6-8 hrs. If it starts cooking down and getting thicker before that time just turn temp down to keep warm..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.