Black Beans and Rice.
You can cook Black Beans and Rice using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Beans and Rice
- You need of dried black beans, soaked in water overnight, drain.
- It’s of brown rice.
- Prepare of &1/2 cups water plus salt to taste to cook rice.
- You need of large onion, chopped well.
- Prepare of garlic, rough chop.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of chile powder; mild, medium or hot, to your taste.
- You need of ground cumin.
- Prepare of dried oregano.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of chopped tomatos.
- It’s of Optional ×* Serve with fresh chopped cilantro.
Black Beans and Rice step by step
- Cook beans in water for 45 minutes or until soft. (You will save 1 cup of cooked bean water). Cook rice at the same time, rice will take closer to an hour to cook over low heat. While beans and rice are cooking, prep veggies and measure out spices in a small bowl..
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add onion, cook for 3 minutes then add garlic, gently cook 2 more minutes. Add spices. Add cooked beans and reserved bean water and tomatoes. Mix. Simmer for 2o minutes..
- Serve on top of hot cooked rice..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.