Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta. You just add all of the. Buffalo chicken is one of our favorite things to make in the slow cooker, why not make it into a soup? Coat inside of slow cooker with cooking spray or olive oil.
That's it and dinner is ready! This soup was a big hit at our house. Can't beat a slow cooker for sure. You can have Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta
- Prepare of dried hurst 15 bean soup mix with seasoning packet.
- It’s of Optional 👇.
- You need of baking soda plus enough water to soak beans overnight.
- It’s of diced ham or 2 to 3 ham hocks.
- Prepare of small yellow onion diced.
- It’s of carrots peeled and diced.
- Prepare of celery peeled and diced.
- You need of garlic minced.
- You need of butter.
- Prepare of dried basil.
- You need of black pepper.
- It’s of dried thyme.
- You need of bay leaf.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s of can Italian flavored diced tomatoes or use petite >.
- It’s of tomatoes with 1 tsp. Italian seasonings mixed in.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of chopped kale.
- It’s of lemon juiced.
- It’s of hot sauce.
- You need of (Optional)1 1/2 cups ditalina pasta.
- It’s of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
I love chilis in the crockpot. In a morning, drain off all the water and place beans in the slow cooker. Add in onion, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, smoked paprika and chili powder. Slow cooker sloppy joes made with beans and beef!
Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta instructions
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and either add to slow cooker or to a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let it sit overnight it's optional but i prefer it..
- If you soaked the beans give them a quick rinse and add to slow cooker.
- Add in ham, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, butter, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, broth and water.
- Cover slow cooker and don't open lid while cooking. Set on high for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove bay leaf and shred ham hocks if used and discard bone and add in tomatoes, hot sauce, kale, salt, lemon juice and pasta if adding. Stir up and cover and cook for 20 more minutes and then stir in flavor packet that was in with the beans. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese if desired. It's also great with buttered cornbread on the side. Enjoy !.
This simple crockpot recipe feeds a crowd and it's perfect for busy back to school dinners or for game day! I actually remember her making it on New Years because it has black-eyed peas and ham in it Also, I made this in both the slow cooker and the Instant Pot/ pressure cooker. There is a time and place for both, in my opinion. I am really getting into using my slow cooker! Because it's just the two of us, I don't bring them out too often because the size of slow cookers I own are too large for two servings.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.