Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan.
You can cook Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan
- You need of dry beans (I used 1/2 pinto & 1/2 white northern).
- It’s of clove.
- Prepare of garlic, smashed, chopped.
- Prepare of Med onion, fine chop.
- You need of olive oil or your favorite good oil.
- You need of cups water.
- It’s of tomato paste.
- It’s of cumin.
- You need of oregano.
- It’s of good quality fresh chilli powder. More if u want.
- You need of Med green bell pepper, diced.
Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan instructions
- Soak dried beans overnight. Drain and rinse..
- Heat oil in large pot, low-med heat. Quickly sautee garlic and onion, add water, beans, spices, green bell pepper and tomato paste plus salt to taste. Bring to boil, then reduce heat. Cook 60 minutes on low/simmer. Test your beans. Mine were perfect at 1 hr cook time..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.