Whole Foods Jambalaya.
You can cook Whole Foods Jambalaya using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole Foods Jambalaya
- You need 8 slices of bacon, minced.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 12 links of Amylu’s Andouille sausages, thinly sliced into rounds.
- You need 12 links of Sabatino’s Paleo chicken sausages, thinly sliced into rounds.
- Prepare 4 of bell peppers, cored and diced (1 red, 1 yellow).
- You need 4 stalks of celery, diced.
- Prepare 2 cups of diced yellow onion.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 14.5 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 29 oz of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 8 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 cups of uncooked rice.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried thyme, crushed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 pound of peeled, raw shrimp, tails removed.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of black pepper.
Whole Foods Jambalaya instructions
- Mince raw bacon (I use cooking scissors) in a stock pot or deep sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until browned. Set bacon aside and drain all but 1 Tbsp grease. Add 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil to the bacon grease and add the sliced sausages. Cook until lightly browned. Set sausages aside with bacon..
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil to pot. Add bell peppers, celery, onion, and garlic. Sauté until the onions are softened..
- Add the crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, rice, Cajun seasoning, thyme, cayenne, and bay leaf. Stir to combine. Continue cooking until the mixture reaches a simmer. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for about 25-30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes (so rice doesn’t burn), until the rice is cooked through. It really will burn if not stirred regularly. If you want to avoid all the stirring, do this step in the crockpot..
- Remove the bay leaf. Add the shrimp and stir to combine. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through and pink. Stir in the sausages and bacon..
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and additional Cajun seasoning if needed. Remove from heat..
- Serve warm with your desired garnishes and hot sauces..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.