Cucumber ~ Tomato Salad.
You can cook Cucumber ~ Tomato Salad using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cucumber ~ Tomato Salad
- You need of The salad dressing ….
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of red wine vinegar.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of lemon juice.
- You need of salt, pepper, and dried thyme.
- You need of cucumbers, peeled, halved, and seeded.
- Prepare of plum tomatoes, halved and seeded.
- You need of medium onion (red or yellow), sliced.
- Prepare of fresh basil (or mint).
Cucumber ~ Tomato Salad step by step
- Place the sugar, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice in a measuring cup. Add salt, pepper and thyme. Mix well with a small spoon until the sugar dissolves and set aside. [Key: adjust ingredient measurements to personal taste].
- On a cutting board, slice the ends of the cucumbers. Next peel the cucumbers, then slice lengthwise evenly in half, and scoop out seed-pulp with a spoon. Set aside..
- Slice off tomatoes tops then slice lengthwise in half, and scoop out pulp as well. Slice the cucumbers and tomatoes in 1/2” slices. Place them all in a large bowl..
- Cut the onion in half crosswise. [Reserve one 1/2 for another use] Cut the remaining onion’s end off and peel back one layer of the skin. Slice the onion in half crosswise leaving two pieces. Turn the pieces, cut thin slices, yielding half-moon shaped slices..
- Add the onion slices to the bowl and turn these ingredients over a few times with a large spoon. Add the basil on top..
- Mix the salad dressing well (again) and pour evenly on top. Turn the ingredients over 2-3 times and place the bowl (covered) in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours to marinate. [Turn a few times while refrigerated].
- With a slotted spoon, place the salad ingredients in small bowls and enjoy with your favorite main meal..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.