Ginger Bread Cookies.
You can cook Ginger Bread Cookies using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ginger Bread Cookies
- You need 1 1/4 cups of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of white granulated sugar.
- You need 4 ounces of shortning.
- It’s 1 ounce of molasses.
- Prepare 3 of each eggs.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of ground ginger.
- Prepare 3 1/4 cups of flour.
Ginger Bread Cookies instructions
- Cream first three ingredients.
- Add molasses and eggs mix till combined.
- Sift soda salt and ginger together add to mix and blend.
- Add flour mix till incorporated.
- Roll out to a 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured piece of wax paper or parchment paper. I like to cut and transfer to a sheet pan leaving 1 inch between for spreading..
- Recombine and cut out more cookies from left over dough..
- Cut out gingerbread shapes of choice bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown. 8-12 minutes depending on your oven..
- Allow to cool and decorate as you like.
- The size if the cutter will determine quantity..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.