Mike's Chicken Yakatori & Chilled Asian Ginger Slaw.
You can cook Mike's Chicken Yakatori & Chilled Asian Ginger Slaw using 27 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Chicken Yakatori & Chilled Asian Ginger Slaw
- It’s of ● For The Meats.
- Prepare 2 Pounds of Chicken Breasts Or Thighs [threaded on wooden scewers- i typically keep brined chicken at the ready for a time saver].
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice.
- Prepare of ● For The Chicken Marinade.
- You need as needed of Garlic Olive Oil [lightly coated on chicken].
- You need as needed of Soy Sauce.
- You need as needed of Worshestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Dash of Chinese 5 Spice [know a little bit odd this spice goes a long way].
- It’s as needed of Chicken Broth.
- You need as needed of Onion Powder.
- It’s as needed of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare as needed of Black Pepper.
- You need of ● For The Asian Slaw [each ingredient as needed].
- Prepare of Thai Chilies.
- You need of Cabbage.
- It’s of Carrots [peeled – peeled slices].
- Prepare Leaves of Cilantro [no stems].
- It’s of Snap Peas [left whole].
- Prepare of Cucumbers [de-seeded + reserves for garnish].
- It’s of Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- It’s of Sesame Seeds.
- You need of Thai Basil [chopped + reserves for garnish].
- Prepare as needed of Bottled Ginger Salad Sauce.
- You need of ● For The Sides.
- It’s of Thai Chilies [optional].
- Prepare as needed of Teriyaki Sauce.
- It’s as needed of Hot Chinese Mustard.
Mike's Chicken Yakatori & Chilled Asian Ginger Slaw instructions
- Here's most of what you'll need for your Asian Slaw..
- One of the better chilled Ginger Dressings I'm familiar with..
- Gently mix everything together in the Asian Slaw section and chill for 15 minutes..
- Slice chicken into small strips or cubes and marinate for 15 minutes..
- While waiting, soak scewers in water and a dash of Sake for 10 minutes. Then, scewer chicken meat on to them..
- Grill marinated chicken for 6 to 10 minutes depending upon thickness. Turn meat regularly but making sure to get a char on each side..
- Serve grilled Chicken Yakatori with chilled Extra Hot Asian Mustard and a sweet Teriyaki Diping Sauce..
- Yakatori with a side of hot mustard pictured..
- My recipe for Hot & Sour Soup goes great with this dish as well. Look for it under my profile if you're interested. This piping hot soup really helped her throat pain as well..
- Serve with a quality room temp Sake..
- Remember, medications aren't the only way to treat your loved ones. 😆 Enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.