Cherry, Ginger Watermelon.
You can cook Cherry, Ginger Watermelon using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cherry, Ginger Watermelon
- It’s 1 of watermelon about 2 pounds give or take.
- It’s 1/2 pound of sweet cherries.
- Prepare of syrup.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 5-6 of black peppercorns.
- It’s 1 knob of ginger, I'm using about 2 inch piece.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 of lemon or 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
Cherry, Ginger Watermelon step by step
- Bring water and sugar together in a small pot on medium heat.
- Add black peppercorns.
- Clean your ginger, you can peel it if you feel the need, but we will remove it later, so it's not really required.
- Slice ginger very thin, I try for 1/8 inch.
- Bring mixture to a boil stirring so sugar doesn't burn. Turn down to simmer, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon, I just quartered it, or lemon juice. Bring to a boil again, turn down to simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes..
- Strain syrup, saving liquid, toss solids away, they have given their all..
- Set syrup aside to cool.
- When syrup has cooled, pit and half your cherries, set aside..
- Peel your watermelon, then either cube (about 1 inch) or slice (about 1/2 inch)..
- Place watermelon, cherries and syrup into a container to mix flavors..
- Let sit for at least hour, I like to make it the day before actually. Serve.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.