Ginger Vinegar pork trotters and eggs 醋姜猪蹄蛋#postpartum recipe#.
You can cook Ginger Vinegar pork trotters and eggs 醋姜猪蹄蛋#postpartum recipe# using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ginger Vinegar pork trotters and eggs 醋姜猪蹄蛋#postpartum recipe#
- It’s of Sauce making.
- Prepare 2 bottles of (600ml/ea) Premium Chinese dark sweet rice vinegar.
- You need 300 g of brown sugar or more.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of ginger roots, skin off.
- Prepare of Dry ingredients.
- You need 2 dozens of small pasture raised chicken eggs.
- You need 6 lb of pasture raised pork trotters.
- You need 1 Tsp of ginger.
- You need 2 of green onions.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1/2 cup of cooking wine.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves.
Ginger Vinegar pork trotters and eggs 醋姜猪蹄蛋#postpartum recipe# instructions
- Roast ginger in a cast iron wok once rinse and skin them off to dry them up..
- In a large clay pot, mix 2 bottles of vinegar with 300-600g of brown sugar, dpending on your taste. Bring the sauce to a rolling boil and simmer ginger for 30 minutes before turning off the heat. Set aside or refrigerate it for the next day..
- In the meantime, clean trotters with running water and remove anything left on the skin that are not edible. Blanching them in a large pot of water with ginger, garlic, cinnamon stick, green onions. Start with cold water and boil for about 10 minutes..
- Rinse all blanched pieces in cold running water to remove impurities. They can be frozen overnight or cook immediately..
- Drop all paper dried trotters into the ginger vinegar sauce and simmer for 4 hours. I use an electric clay pot that is programmable. If you use a stovetop pot, check every 20 minutes. Start with high heat then turn down to low heat to simmer for at least 1.5 hours..
- Serve hot or cold over rice and vegetables or on pasta..
- The same sauce is used to braise hard boiled eggs as well. Braise no more than 1.5 hrs. Egg shell can be removed or just leave them intact for calcium boost..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.