You can have Ginger cake using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ginger cake
- You need 45 g of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of caster sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tablespoon of golden syrup.
- Prepare 1 cup of self-raising flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of ginger.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of cream, whipped icing sugar optional.
Ginger cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in the golden syrup..
- Sift flour and ginger together. Fold into creamed mixture alternately with combined milk and soda..
- Pour mixture into a greased 20 cm round cake tin. Bake for 40 minutes; turn onto a wire rack and cool..
- Spilt cake. Spread one half with cream. Top with remaining cake layer and dust with icing sugar..
- Hint : curdling of the cake batter will generally not spoil the finished result..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.