Salsa Verde Black Bean Enchiladas.
You can have Salsa Verde Black Bean Enchiladas using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salsa Verde Black Bean Enchiladas
- You need 6 of medium flour tortillas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of salsa verde.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded colby jack cheese.
- You need 1 (8 oz) of can corn off cob.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of can black beans.
- It’s 1 of poblano pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips.
- You need 1 of yellow onion, sliced into thin strips.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of Chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cayenne peppr.
Salsa Verde Black Bean Enchiladas instructions
- Strain black beans, collecting juice.
- Whisk spices together with salt and pepper to taste.
- In large pan, toss onions in oil on medium heat, 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add peppers and cook/ stir, 3-5 minutes or until veggies are soft. Meanwhile, start beans.
- Cook HALF the beans in oil in a small pot over medium high heat, 2-3 mins. Add 2 tbsp bean juice, bring to simmer and reduce to LOW, 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, go back to veggies..
- Add corn, remaining beans, and half of the spice mix. Cook/stir 3 minutes or until fragrant/ tasty, then remove from heat..
- Add 1 tbsp butter to beans in pot. Mash into refried bean consistency. This is the bottom layer for each tortilla and the “paste” to keep them together.
- Preheat oven to 475 as you start assembling 6 enchiladas. Coat entirely with bean paste, spoon in filling on one side, roll up tightly and place seam side down in large square glass pan..
- Generously ladle salsa verde over all 6 enchiladas. Do the same with cheese..
- Place enchiladas in oven for 3-5 minutes (hard to go wrong) or until satisfactorily melty. Meanwhile, mix remaining spice blend into sour cream, and add enough water to reach drizzling consistency. When done, drizzle crema on top and serve!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.