Spiced Ginger Shrimp with Burst Tomatoes.
You can cook Spiced Ginger Shrimp with Burst Tomatoes using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spiced Ginger Shrimp with Burst Tomatoes
- It’s of About 1 1/2 tsp aromatic spice blend, such as Garam masala, Baharat, five-spice, curry powder, or a mild chili powder blend, plus more to taste.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of finely grated fresh ginger.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced or finely grated.
- You need 2 of scallions thinly sliced, greens and whites separated.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of kosher salt, plus more to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of extra-large shrimp, shelled and deveined.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s 3/4 C of small (or halved large) cherry tomatoes, preferably yellow Sungold tomatoes.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s of Fresh lime juice.
- It’s 1/2 C of fresh mint leaves, torn or roughly chopped.
Spiced Ginger Shrimp with Burst Tomatoes step by step
- In a medium bowl, combine spice blend, ginger, garlic, scallion whites, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add shrimp and toss well. Heat a large skillet over high heat, then add the oil. Add the tomatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook until the whole tomatoes burst and the halved ones start to wrinkle, about 2 minutes..
- Add shrimp mixture and sauté for another 2 to 4 minutes, turning the shrimp, until they are pink all over..
- Gently stir in butter and cook for another minute, until the shrimp are cooked through. Remove from heat and add a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Taste and add more salt and spices, if needed. Garnish with mint and scallion greens and serve immediately..
- Tip If your spice blend is heavy on the chiles, you might want to cut back by 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon; you can always add more to taste just before serving..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.