Smoked Rib-eye over Mustard Sauce, Loaded Smashed Potatoes, and Cucumber Salad.
You can cook Smoked Rib-eye over Mustard Sauce, Loaded Smashed Potatoes, and Cucumber Salad using 23 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Rib-eye over Mustard Sauce, Loaded Smashed Potatoes, and Cucumber Salad
- It’s of Whole Boneless Rib-eye.
- It’s 2.5-3 lb of Whole Boneless Rib-eye, more is okay because you came make sandwiches or use for other meals later).
- You need of Salt, to season.
- It’s of Pepper, to season.
- Prepare of Special Blend of seasoning (feel free to try your own blend).
- Prepare of Smashed Loaded Potatoes.
- You need 1 lb. of baby potatoes.
- You need of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/4 c. of melted butter.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 2 c. of shredded Cheddar.
- It’s 10 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- It’s of Sour cream, for serving, if desired.
- It’s of Cucumber Salad.
- It’s 1/3 c. of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of toasted sesame oil.
- It’s 1/4 of crushed red pepper.
- It’s of Mustard Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Dijon Mustard.
- Prepare 100 g of Light Sour Cream.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper,.
Smoked Rib-eye over Mustard Sauce, Loaded Smashed Potatoes, and Cucumber Salad instructions
- For the Rib-eye:.
- Get the Rib-eye to room temp, trim off any excess fat you wish to remove, and pat dry with paper towel. Combine Salt, Pepper and and dry rub seasoning you may have chosen and liberally (as in a lot) rub all over the meat on all sides. Don’t be afraid to load it up as it will create a beautiful crust..
- Preheat smoker or traeger to 220°. Place rib-eye in and let it be for about 3hrs. Check temp and let it smoke longer (15min intervals) if not at 140° internal temp..
- Let rest about 15min before carving. I used a meat slicer..
- For the Smashed Loaded Potatoes:.
- Preheat oven to 400º. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with two inches of water. Season with salt..
- Bring to a boil and boil until tender, 15 minutes. Drain until cool enough to handle..
- Transfer potatoes to a baking sheet. Pour over melted butter, garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Toss until totally combined..
- Using the bottom of a small glass or jar, smash potatoes into flat patties..
- Bake until crispy, 20 to 25 minutes more..
- Top with cheddar and bake until melted, 3 minutes more..
- Top with cooked bacon, green onions, and sour cream (if using) and serve..
- For the Cucumber Salad:.
- In a small bowl, combine the rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, crushed red pepper, and salt. Set the dressing aside..
- Peel and slice the cucumber using your favorite method (see photos below for my technique). Place the sliced cucumbers in a large bowl..
- Chop the peanuts into smaller pieces. Slice the green onions..
- Add the peanuts, green onions, and dressing to the sliced cucumbers. Stir to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. Give the salad a brief stir before serving to redistribute the dressing and flavors..
- For the Mustard Sauce:.
- Mix Dijon Mustard and Sour Cream in a saucepan and heat gently until simmering. Season to taste and serve..
- Plate accordingly, serve and enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.