Beef and Black Bean Crunch Burritos.
You can have Beef and Black Bean Crunch Burritos using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef and Black Bean Crunch Burritos
- You need 8 oz of Ground Beef.
- You need 13.4 oz of Black Beans (1 can).
- You need 1/2 cup of Jasmine Rice.
- It’s 1 of Roma Tomato.
- It’s 1/4 oz of Cilantro.
- It’s 1 of Yellow Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Jalapeño.
- You need 1 of Lime.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Southwest Spice Blend.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sour Cream.
- You need 2 of Large Tortillas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mexican Cheese Blend.
- Prepare 1.5 oz of Blue Corn Chips.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Hot Sauce.
- Prepare 1 oz of Vegetable Stock Concentrate.
- You need 1 tsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper, to season.
Beef and Black Bean Crunch Burritos step by step
- In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water, and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to use.
- While rice cooks, dice tomato. Roughly chop cilantro. Halve, peel, and finely chop onion. Mince jalapeño, removing ribs and seeds for less heat. Zest and quarter lime..
- In a small bowl, combine tomato, cilantro, 2tbsp onion, half the jalapeño, and a squeeze of lime juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper..
- In a separate small bowl, combine sour cream with a squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency..
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add remaining onion and remaining jalapeño. Season with a pinch of salt. Cook until browned and softened, 1-2 minutes..
- Add beans and their liquid, stock concentrate, Southwest Spice, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until liquid has reduced, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Meanwhile, season beef with 1tbsp southwest spice blend, salt and pepper; cook ground beef in a separate fry pan until golden brown. Bring to a simmer..
- Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1tbsp butter and lime zest to taste. Season with salt and pepper..
- Using your hands, break half the tortilla chips into bite-size pieces over a medium bowl. Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels; microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds..
- Lay tortillas on a clean work surface. Place 1⁄3 cup rice in a line on the bottom third of each tortilla. Top rice with ½ cup bean mixture, 1/3 ground beef, and sprinkle with Mexican cheese. Top with a drizzle of crema, a bit of pico de gallo, and crushed tortilla chips..
- Fold up bottom side of each tortilla over filling, then fold over left and right sides toward the filling. Roll up tortillas, starting with filled sides, to form burritos..
- Halve burritos. Divide burritos and remaining rice, bean mixture, lime crema, pico de gallo, and tortilla chips between plates. Serve with hot sauce and any remaining lime wedges on the side..
- Serve and Enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.