Cucumber Salad Smash. I hope you enjoy this easy Smashed Cucumber Salad Recipe! – Today we're making smashed cucumber salad! This Chinese dish is so incredibly quick, simple and easy to make. Smashed Cucumber Salad is a "thing" in Asia!
Chinese smashed cucumber salad with garlic, vinegar and sesame oil. This is one of the most Usually Elaine has two ways of making easy Chinese cucumber salad: one is to smash it directly. Smashed cucumbers release different flavor compounds. You can cook Cucumber Salad Smash using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cucumber Salad Smash
- You need 500 g of English Cucumber.
- Prepare 8 cloves of fresh Garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 8 tbsp of light Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Rice vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of ground Brown Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground White pepper.
Chef John's salad is a great summer side dish and pairs perfectly with grilled meat or seafood. Hi guys, I wish you all health and safe life!!! We are definitely experiencing a tough time and I'm optimistic that we can get through this. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, smash the cucumbers, then slice into bite-size pieces and transfer to a large bowl.
Cucumber Salad Smash instructions
- Rinse and dry cucumbers with a paper towel. Prepare a large cutting board and smash them carefully. Cut into bite-size pieces..
- Put smashed cucumbers in a prepared bowl. Hand mix with Salt and set aside for 10 minutes to release water..
- Prepare the Sauce with combination of soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, ground white pepper, minced garlic and stir well..
- Drain off cucumber water and place into a food container. Pour the Sauce mixture in..
- For the best taste, let sit in refrigerator for 12 hours. Enjoy!.
This Smashed Asian cucumber salad recipe is light, refreshing and perfect for the summer, but packed with flavor from a zingy dressing, garlic, and cilantro. Be the first to rate & review! Add flavor and punch to a simple cucumber salad with Sambal Oelek, a fiery chili paste found on the Asian foods aisle. Smashed cucumber salad is also known as "pai huang gua" and is a Sichuan dish from China. It's typically eaten as a side dish and gives a nice crunchy texture to your meal.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.