Ginger honey sparerib strip with 5 spices. Chinese BBQ Ribs are super simple to make and very delicious. In this video I show you how to make Chinese Barbecue Ribs with Chinese Five spice powder and. Be the first to review this recipe.
Three decades ago, after my first trip to Mexico, I developed a passion for spices. Add the tomatoes, stock and short ribs to the casserole and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over moderately low heat, turning the ribs every hour. You can have Ginger honey sparerib strip with 5 spices using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ginger honey sparerib strip with 5 spices
- Prepare 4 lb. of pork sparerib strip.
- Prepare of 5 spices seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3 of star anise.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Sichuan peppercorns.
- It’s 3 of whole cloves.
- You need of ginger honey sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of minced fresh ginger.
- It’s 2 tsp. of minced garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of 5 spices seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp. of sesame oil.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
Marinate your favorite cut of pork ribs to create mouth-watering, sticky Ginger Honey Spareribs as an appetizer that will have you licking your fingers for more, or serve next to steamed rice for a delicious and made simple meal. Lacquered with a tangy, garlicky hoisin glaze that's spiked with fragrant Chinese five-spice, these ribs are impressive without being burdensome: There's no grilling or marinating—just two hours in the oven. Three decades ago, after my first trip to Mexico Other blends can be made with ginger, nutmeg or even celery seeds depending on I love the Americanized version of Chinese Sweet & Sour Spare Ribs which I will. /r/honey. I did the Food Wishes version of these and just about ate myself into a coma.
Ginger honey sparerib strip with 5 spices step by step
- METHOD Use a grinder machine to pulverize together the 5 spices ingredients. In a bowl mix all the ingredients for the “Ginger honey sauce”.
- Cut the ribs individual pieces. Pad dry the pork with paper towel. In a baking dish marinate the pork with the sauce. Let it marinate for about 4 hours..
- Preheat the oven at 350° F / 176° C. Bake the pork for about 2 hours. Turn around the pork pieces every 20 minutes. Strain the liquid and place it in small pot. Skim off the fat. Mix 1½ tsp. cornstarch with 1 tbsp. water. Bring the liquid to a boil and thick it with the cornstarch..
- Pour the sauce on the ribs and serve..
This Chinese spare ribs recipe is a great prep ahead type of recipe. These braised beef short ribs are layered with complex Chinese flavors, including soy, orange, five-spice powder, ginger, and more. Pat short ribs dry with clean towels. Lightly season short ribs on both sides with salt and more generously with black pepper. Remove ribs from marinade and place in a roasting pan; cover tightly with aluminum foil.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.