Ginger Chicken with Bulgur Pilaf and Beans, Hainanese-inspired.
You can have Ginger Chicken with Bulgur Pilaf and Beans, Hainanese-inspired using 27 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ginger Chicken with Bulgur Pilaf and Beans, Hainanese-inspired
- Prepare 2 pcs of Chicken Thighs, excess fat removed.
- Prepare of Brine.
- It’s of Water, enough to submerge.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of Broth.
- Prepare 2 c of water.
- It’s 1 knob of ginger, sliced.
- You need 1/4 of a chicken broth cube.
- You need 1 tsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1/2 of small onion,sliced or bunch leeks.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, cushed.
- It’s 1 of green finger chili (slice in middle for heat) – optional.
- You need 1 pinch of peppercorns.
- It’s 2 pinches of sugar.
- Prepare of Rub.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- It’s of Salt (optional).
- You need of Pilaf.
- You need 1/2 c of Coarse Bulgur / cracked wheat.
- You need 3/4 c of ginger chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 c of water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cooking oil.
- You need of Siding.
- You need 1 bunch of veggies (i used green beans).
- Prepare of Remaining ginger chicken broth.
Ginger Chicken with Bulgur Pilaf and Beans, Hainanese-inspired instructions
- Brine chicken in water and salt in a container overnight in the fridge..
- In a pot combine and boil the broth ingredients for 10-15 mins (with lid).
- Fish out the chicken and discard the brine water. Rub chicken with a little salt (already salty) and pour drops of sesame oil on the skin side. Then add to the boiling broth..
- Bring the pot to a boil again then lower heat. Simmer with lid for 5 minutes then flip to the other side and simmer another 5 minutes..
- Turn off heat and let it continue to cook in its residual heat for 20mins (covered with lid)..
- BULGUR: Meanwhile, in a pan, heat oil and toast bulgur a few minutes. Then add 1 cup of the broth from the pot of chicken. Cover and turn off heat once all liquid is absorbed. Set aside and leave covered for another 20 minutes..
- Go back to the pot and fish out cooked chicken. Place in a container with a little broth, skin side down to prevent from drying while you prepare the veggies..
- In the remaining broth in the pot, cook your veggies until done..
- Serve chicken with bulgur/wheat rice and veggies..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.