Pork Chops with Tamarind and Ginger.
You can cook Pork Chops with Tamarind and Ginger using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork Chops with Tamarind and Ginger
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, finely grated or minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of tamarind concentrate (or extract), or use lime juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sambal oelek or other chili paste.
- Prepare 2 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsp of kosher salt, more as needed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 2 of bone-in pork chops, 1 1/2 inches thick (2 pounds total).
- You need 2 tbsp of coconut oil, grapeseed oil or safflower oil.
- You need of Scallions, thinly sliced.
- You need of Lime wedges for serving.
Pork Chops with Tamarind and Ginger instructions
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, tamarind, sambal oelek, ginger, salt, cumin, fish sauce and turmeric. Rub mixture evenly over pork, and let marinate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight..
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Scrape the marinade off the pork, reserving it (there will be a tablespoon or two), then place chops in pan and sear on one side until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Use tongs to hold pork chops vertically to sear the fat on the edges, another 2 to 3 minutes. Flip pork so browned side is on top and add reserved marinade to pan, stirring it into the drippings..
- Transfer pan to oven and cook to desired doneness. About 8 minutes for lightly pink on the inside (135 degrees)..
- Transfer chops to a plate or cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes..
- Slice the meat off the bone and serve slices coated with pan drippings, scallions and lime wedges..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.